China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

I've had some Weird thoughts

You know to be first time parents to an infant is one thing, to be parents to a child that is possibly mobil is a completely different story. I've all of a sudden started wondering what our first day with Alexandria is going to be like and all I can picture is her sitting on one side of the room and Faye and I sitting on the other. I hear Faye and I saying "Please don't cry", and I see Alexandria sitting there thinking "Please don't make me cry" and all we do is just sit there looking at one another. This is the fear that I have, wondering what to do with a baby? I know that we learn as we go, but who wants to learn by trial and error, not me. Still worrying about packing for China, will we take too much, will we not take enough, I just want everything to be perfect and I know it won't. Still have 10 silly little gifts to buy for the orphanage, not sure what to buy, will they like them, or will they think we are idiots? These are all the little things that have been bothering me here lately. If I don't drive myself nuts first, I'm sure everything will be just fine, but I think the nerves are starting to settle in. Still don't have the babys room quite finished, knowing that I need to get this done and knowign that the wife wants it done it becoming quite the job. SOON is all that I can say. I just have a really good feeling that here in the next couple of days this is going to becoming very real. So until then>>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter