China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wanna talk about freaked out

Today I laid Alex down for her morning nap, she went down with no problems. Well I got to my morning routine and after that I decided to clean the bathroom, when I finished that I took all the bath mats, towels and wash cloths to the basement. When I was on my way to the basement I heard Alex babbling, I said to myself your just gonna have to wait, well was I ever wrong, on my way back up stair I hear "THUD" and her screaming at the top of her lungs. I knew it had finally happened, she fell out of her crib. In a flash of light I was to the top of the stairs and there she is on the bedroom floor looking up at me and I scooped her off the floor and that was it. Next thing (Thankfully) was her looking at me smiling. The only thing I can guess is that she landed OK, but the fall freaked her out and that is what caused the crying. I have looked her over about a dozen times just to make sure that there isn't anything visibably wrong.
Needless to say her crib mattress got lowered all the way down, she will need a step stool to get out of her crib now. The girl is growing like wildfire, I knew that I needed to lower her mattress, but I just didn't think that she had the upper body strength to pull up over the rail. LESSON LEARNED, don't under estimate the strength of a child that wants out of their crib. TOdd>>>>

1 Comments:

  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    I'll have to remember that as Hunter continues to grow. I'm glad Alex is okay!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter