China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Boy you want to talk about excitement

I think everyone in the blogging community that has adopted from China is sitting waiting to hear from Mary and Rod over at "Do they have salsa in China" blog, today is their lucky day. Last I saw over there, the phone was ringing and they said it was their agency.

Well I didn't realize how hard it would actually hit me, I almost started blubbering, it just brought back my referral day phone call and it was almost overwhelming. I do however remember the day and I remember the excitement, the only problem was I didn't have anyone to share that day with, Faye had to work and almost everyone else I knew had to work, now granted I did call Faye immediately at work, but it just wasn't the same. Just for future refrence, take the day off, if you know that is the day.

I still remember our coordinator saying "Hi Todd, this is Nikki, I have your referral" What a great day, shame I didn't video tape it or something like that. I do have the paper that I (sloppy) wrote all the information on. Boy was I excited, kind of like when your wife tell you your going to be a dad for the first time. Not that I know exactly what that feels like, but I imagine that they are pretty close to being the same. Who knows, maybe this is better, I know that the wait is longer.

Now that it is almost 5 months in the past, part of it feels like yesteday, and other times it feels like we have had this child since "Forever", I have trouble remembering times without her now. I am just so grateful for everthing that I (we) have and I just had a little flash back with everything that is going on over at Mary's and it brings back such awesome memories.

If you haven't been over to "Do they have salsa" go to the link on the right hand side and say "Congratulations" they really deserve it. Mary is extremely helpful when it comes to keeping people up to date on what is happening in the International adoption community. Just wanted to say thanks, Todd>>>>

2 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger M3 said…

    Aw, you're sweet! Thanks for cheering us on yesterday. What a day!!!!!!

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    When I read her post about the twins, it took a minute for everything to soak in....then I was all teary eyed!

    I think someone in China did a wonderful thing with this match. No deserves twins more than M & R!

    I just wish she post again NOW as I am ready for the adventure of getting the house ready for TWO children starts...and then the adventure of travel and then the adventure of parenting twins!!!

    Mary is such a great writer and you know that if she can find the time (once the babies are here) the stories will be a HOOT!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter