China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I think we might finally have a walker (not positive though)

Yesterday our babysitter Kim dropped Alex off and to my surprise she was walking. According to Faye she wasn't doing that when she dropped her off. Well I brought her inside and she was really crusing the funiture and taking maybe one or two steps without assistance. Well I carried here down to see her Grandparents and the first thing that she does is walk from me to her Nana, I was so proud, no encouraging, no push, she just finally let go and did some walking. Now I know not to get my hopes up, but she let go multiple times, this just wasn't a one timer like before, this girl is ready to go. Might be time to finally install those baby gates on the stairs.

****sorry had to remove the photo, messing up the blog. Need to resize it. ****

Now just let me clarify that as of this morning and afternoon she has yet to walk on her own, she is really crawling fast though and I have been carrying the video camera around with me just in case.

This morning we woke up to her first bloody nose, well she actually had it before I got in the room, there was some blood on her bed sheet, bumper and some on the rail of the crib. Now when I saw that I really did question weather it was blood or pooh, I hate to say this but I was hoping for the later. When I realized it was blood and there was blood on her wash cloth (she sleeps with a wash cloth, like some kids with a binky or favorite blanket) I really did tell myself "don't panic" all I could think of is this poor girl fell in her crib and knocked her tooth out, well she wouldn't open her mouth and let me look, so I brought her downstairs and started changing her diaper when I could finally see the crustys around one of her nostrels. What a relief, I figured if it was a tooth she wouldn't eat all day and I wouldn't know what to do. I just really don't want to make a habit of going to the doctor.

Haven't heard from many people lately, I hope everyone is having a great summer and look forward to seeing everyone soon. Todd>>>>

1 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    A walker! You are soooo in trouble now. Soon there will be things falling and flying all around the house. You bet start to tie down all the breakables! If she can out run you, then you're in trouble!

    Her poor little nose. Maybe her nostrils are just so dry that when she picked at them - they bled? It can happen.

    Really. It can. But usually in the winter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter