China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Getting ready for the fair

Last Thursday we all went to the Ohio State fair and had a really good time, Alex was excited to see all the sights and animals. We also had to try some of the really good fair food, cheese on a stick, corn dogs, elephant ears, fair fries and so on. Nothing beats fair food if you just don't care what you are putting in your body for a day.
Also you can see from the pictures that Alex got to see (kiss) a baby duck at one of the exibits, the girl there actually got one out and let Alex touch it and then Faye said "kisses" and she puckered right up and the duck seemed to know right what to do. It was just too cute, I wish the picture was a little more in focus, but oh well.
Unfortunatly we didn't get to ride any rides, Alex just wasn't big enough. We were going to ride the merry go round, but decided to wait until we go to the zoo next time. I just don't know if I am comfortable with my baby riding fair rides. The zoo has this merry go round all year round and I think it is maintained very well. Just my opinion though.
By the end of the day we were all exhausted and ready to come home, I think we spent about 6 or 7 hours at the fair and that was enough for Alex's first fair. Hopefully next year we will be able to send Alex on a couple of rides and I will get some more pictures. Todd>>>>

 
 
 
  Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    Bird FLU. Watch out ;)

    Actually I loved that photo. So cute.

    I know what you mean about fair food: funnel cakes, cotton candy,etc.

    Definitely avoid the Carnival of Death rides with your new child. Stick with the zoo. COD rides are strickly for teenagers and adults with good insurance :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter