China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Friday, April 07, 2006

1 more day until forever

We have a little over 24 hours as DINKS (Dual income no kids)and I cannot wait, it is still kind of unreal feeling, but I'm sure that tomorrow the nerves will be flowing full force. Today we are going to the Great Wall and I think they have us going to the summer palace, I think we are going to see what the census is on the whole summer palace thing. We just don't want to be gone from 9am til 6pm. We are all wanting to get a good nights rest tonight for the big day tomorrow. I think that we will be leaving for Guangzhou at around 8am tomorrow morning and we have to be up and out by 5:30am. Out of the 8 couples that are here, Faye and I are the only couple without kids at all. We have met up with some really great couples and are having a really good time, last night we went to dinner with 2 other couples (Matt & Tracy, and Amy & Joe). We had a couple of drinks and ate dinner and for the 6 of us was 6 or 7 dollars a piece. As we are finding out living is just plain cheaper here, don't think I would want to live here for good, but it is a fun place to visit. We already went through the whole traffic deal, WOW!!!. We went to the acrobatics show last night, and I had trouble staying awake through the whole thing, not that it wasn't good, it was just really warm and dark in the theater which made for perfect snoozing conditions. I'm not the only one that was having trouble, there was 2 or 3 others that was having the same problem that I know of probably more. This morning woke up at about 5 am and tried to sleep a little longer, but what the hey I think I got somewhere around 7-8 hours which is pretty good, we were exhausted. Well we are getting ready for breakfast and cannot wait to eat something I'm STARVING. So I will talk with you all later Todd>>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter