China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Friday, March 31, 2006

YES!!!!! No more work for about 3 weeks

Next stop for this ol'boy CHINA. Last night was it for work for about the next 3 weeks and then it's all about the weekend shift. I figured I would take all of next week off so we could really be prepared (is anyone ever??) and make sure we have EVERYTHING we need. We fly out Wednesday morning for Chicago and then on to Beijing, China, I am really excited but I am becoming more nervous than excited. Will I be a good dad?, will I know what to do when the time gets here? I really don't want to look like a fool and that is why I have a wife, blame everything on her. Honey she did a dooty, your turn to hold her, I have never changed a diaper in my life (and no I don't want to change your childs diaper). Looking forward to some of the tours while in Beijing, cannot wait to see the Great wall, always wanted to go there and now I finally have the chance. I know I know how could I look forward to anything when Sunday April 9th we will get our daughter? Well lets sum it up like this we will be in Beijing for three days in a 5 star hotel, hopefully eating some really good food (the wife will let me know if I will like it or not; she's the taster). We get to go on some really cool tours and it is our last couple of days of it being just us (after 12 years were pretty used to one another). I plan on fully enjoying them and I really want to make the most of this trip, this will probably be my first and last time going to China. I am finding the older that I am getting the less I like to fly, I think it's the nerves. What an exciting day the 9th will be, I will have 2 digital cameras and a video camera with me and I hope I can control my emotions and get some good photos and some good video, thats all I need is a ton of video with me blubbering like a baby, now don't get me wrong I know I will probably do some crying but I have to maintain my composure I have a life time of pictures and videos to get. Just simply looking forward to that day. Well just got off work and need some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's Todd>>>>

3 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Janet P said…

    I am glad to hear your plans have changed so that you get to see something in Beijing. When we talked last you didn't think you would be going to that part of China. I am very happy for you both and envious! Enjoy this wonderful time, I will be thinking of you.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    Best of luck with the trip and hang on to your sense of humor. You will need it! My husband eagerly awaits the posts. (and so do I)

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said…

    Hi...
    I was looking at Blogs and came across yours... I bet that you are excited that you are going to be going to China soon enough. Your daughter is cute as a button... I hope that you have a safe trip and look forward to reading more of your adventures... My husband and I - well, our dossier was sent off to China yesterday... one day down and how many more to go??? CONGRATULATIONS... Take care and drop in whenever you feel like it... Felicity

    http://flissandmikeadventures.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter