China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

A few more cute ones

In the last week or so, Alex has just loved to have books read to her. She liked it before but she would sit for about 10 seconds and that is it. Today, I actually read her an entire book. She went and got it and sat on my lap and I read it to her. She is starting to try to count too. We counted the 10 little lady bugs in the book. I take her finger and point to each one and she laughs. Ever since we got her I have always counted her toes and now we are starting to count other things. Yea!!! My diligence is starting to pay off. Or maybe that is just what 17 month olds do. (I want to think that it is my diligence)

She said her name yesterday for the first time. It sounds like she is saying Al-ya but she is definitely referring to herself. We were looking in the mirror this morning and I pointed to her and said her name and she said Al-ya. She loves to look at herself in the mirror. She tries to give herself kisses.

 
 
 
  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter