China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Is today going to be one of those days????

Boy oh boy, what did I do to deserve this. Other than Alexandria opening and closing the door to our Florida room about 50 times and standing there laughing about it, this girl has been quite the hand full. She woke me up at about 6:15am this morning, well I just tried to ignore her until about 7, we got up went down and made breakfast, had a little milk (yeah she's on milk now) and spent the next 1 1/2 hours playing and she produced her first dootie of the day for me.

About 9 - 9:15 I went to put her down for her first nap, what a surprise, she didn't want to sleep, about about 35 minutes of listening to her cry I went up and got her and we came back down and played more. Well she played for about 2 minutes and then went back to opening and closing the door in the room. Then guess how surprised I was when she produced yet another dootie. Thats my girl, and I still think its funny watching her produce them, such concentration.

Well now we are working on about 11:30 and this girl is starting to get very crabby, so I figure lunch and then nap time, well boy was it ever a lunch. We started off with a little temper tantrum when I put her in her high chair, and heaven forbid that the food wasn't right there, the tantrum increased. I was worried that the neighbors were going to think I was beating her. Well once the food arrived she calmed down, I gave her another sippy cup of milk and it was quiet for about 5 minutes, or shall I say until she was done, then whamo back to throwing the temper tantrum that she had started 10 minutes before. I gave her that look, mind you I was now moping the kitchen floor, needless to say I got her cleaned up, got her out of that high chair and straight to bed she went.

Now I can breath a breath of fresh air, sit down and write a little blog entry and hope she sleeps for about 3 hours (knock on wood). All I can say is that I hope she wakes up on the right side of the bed this time. I know that she is cutting more teeth and that is probably her problem, but I really don't like temper tantrums, I don't do well with them, my therapy for them is to sit there and watch her throw them, I will not answer that call unless I absolutely have to. Hopefully the day will get better. Todd>>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter