China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

2 Months and counting

Yesterday was 2 months since gotcha day, it really has gone by fast. Some of it truly hasn't sunk in yet. It's so hard to believe that Faye and I are parents of such a wonderful beautiful little girl. We have had a couple of up and down days, which is to be expected, but for the most part this girl is really good.

She is learning new stuff by the day, still not talking, she does say da-da, but I really don't believe that she knows what it means yet.

I pick her up and pat her back, and she does the same thing in return, which I find really cute.

She is climbing the stairs, which I really don't like, but she has to learn sometime right???

We still don't have baby gate 1, does that make us bad parents??? We know we need to get this done ASAP since we have a house full of stairs.

When she sneezes she smiles and waits for us to say bless you.

She claps and bops to music, I think we have a baby that is going to love music, I turn the TV on and she ignores it, I turn the radio on and she seems to pay attention.

She loves to play patty-cake with mommy, and she will show you her toes if you ask "where are your toes".

I know that none of these thing are adding up to baby einstein, but it is progress. Everyday is a blessing with this little girl, even when she takes her entire breakfast and throws it on the floor 20 seconds after I give it to her. The past 2 months have been a blast and I am looking forward to the next 500. We are getting ready to celebrate her 1st birthday, what a grand day that will be for her. I am looking forward to seeing her dig into her very own birthday cake, I'll make sure that I get it on video. Well until next time everyone take care, Todd>>>>

1 Comments:

  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    AHHHHHHHH! You are making me crave!!!! I can't wait til I can add posts like this to my blog!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter