China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Up a little early this morning

But who cares, right??? Well Alexandria decided for daddys first days off work she would wake us all up at 6:30am, I know, I know it could have been 5:00am. You know we should be counting our lucky stars that she slept all night.

This child should grow up loving 80's music I think, that is all that I listen to anymore and pretty much anytime that I am sitting at the computer here lately it has been 80's. Right now I have my collection of Def Leppard mp3's going and boy I really find it great to hear this stuff, it's been a while. You figure that I graduated in 1989 and this was it back then. Well this will probably be it for her. Now don't get me wrong, I still listen to todays music, I just don't appreciate it as much. I can listen to songs from the late 80's and early 90's and actually take myself back to certain times that I never want to forget. Just like when I smell dial liquid hand soap (you know the original) it takes me back to basic training when I joined the Air Force. Never fails, my mom and dad have a bottle in their bathroom and everytime I wash my hands there it takes me back without fail. Do I miss those times?? YES. Do I want to go back?? NO. We won't discuss what Vanilla Ice memories I have, we don't need to waste time discussing that now do we???

All right back to the baby, she is doing much better, we have her on eastern standard time now, it only took about a week and life is getting much better. She naps and eats like a champion, and as all or most of you now know she is sleeping through the night. Alexandria still won't crawl and she doesn't show much interest either, I really think she will walk before she crawls. We are trying to give her lots of belly time, but she seems happiest standing holding onto the coffee table, couch or Faye and I. I just find it really funny that some of the babies were walking and crawling and ours is doing none of the above, I guess all in good time. Faye is talking about going and getting some professional pictures done here soon, don't know if it will be this week or next. Faye and Alexandria went and had lunch with our friends Laurie and Shelly and you should see the nice little things they bought for Alexandria. Thanks you guys the clothes are beautiful.

I hope all of our new friends that we met while getting our babies are doing well and that you are still following the blog. I have tons more pictures to share and hopefully everyone will enjoy meeting your babies along with ours. Please keep us updated with your progress, I know that it can be rough, but we would really like to keep in contact with you all. It really was a great time and we look forward to seeing you all again in the near future. I have been getting into the video and I have made it about half way through, as soon as I have a chance I will at least post the gotcha video, it is pretty good. Take care, Todd>>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter