China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What a great baby

You know everyone thinks that they have the best baby, well I am finally the one telling the truth. All right maybe she's not the best all the time but the good definitely outweights the bad. This morning we got up at 7:30am and that is after going down at just after 8pm, slept all night without a peep thankfully. Every once in a while she will wake up in the middle of the night, but I'll bet 90% of the time she sleeps all the way through. This morning after we got up we had waffles, bananas and some strawberry yogurt. I know that a whole waffle probably isn't much, but to me I never in million years expected for a 18 lb. baby to sit and eat a whole waffle, half a banana, and half a tub (small cup) of yogurt. Unless she has figured out how to feed the waffle to the dog I think she is actually storing it somewhere. And to top it all off she sucks down a 6 oz. bottle afterwards. We went and saw the doc yesterday and she said for right now it's OK for her to eat this much, I am just starting to wonder where she is putting it all. I really hope that she isn't feeding it to the dog, for the most part I have an eye on her but sometime I do the dishes while she is eating and the dog is right there.

Still no sign of hearing her say those sweet words (Daddy or da-da) still just babbling. We sat and finally watched a little bit of Finding Nemo last night for the first time, I am excited for the fact that she actually paid attention to the TV for the first time. No, I don't want a baby that sits and stares at the TV 12 hours a day, I do want to play all these baby Einstein videos that we have for her. I have heard some really good things about babies that have watched these videos. We have lots of play time in the afternoon and I would really like to include some of these videos.

I know that kisses is nothing new for a baby, but this girl gives the sweetest kisses in the morning when she first gets up and I mean it really is the greatest thing on the face of this earth. Normally throughout the day I have to steal kisses, but in the morning we get up and she actually kisses me. You know it's just one of those things that makes your heart explode with joy it is so sweet.

Just wanted to write a little, I hope that you all enjoy it. Todd>>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter