China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Under the weather

Yesterday was a day from hell, poor Faye was sick last week and I was sick yesterday. We had planned on going to the zoo but I had to ruin it for the three of us. Feeling much better today but the only promblem is I got up at about 7am and I have to be at work at 6pm tonight, hopefully I will get a nap in. Alexandria is doing well, she is now sleeping through the night, she goes down at about 8pm and normally wakes up between 7-8am. What a relief to have a baby that sleeps. She is becoming such a little chatter box, she laid in her crib for about a half hour this morning just babbling away and when Faye brought her down for breakfast she just continued chatting away. Don't forget that amazing race to get her to say D-A-D-D-Y first is underway, I don't care if it is any resemblence of da-da-da-da-da, I want to be first (Just kidding mommy "wink""wink").

Today we have our appointment with the international adoption clinic, they will do all kinds of tests today and she will get any shots that are required. Not looking forward to this as I know they will draw blood and I can hardly stand this let alone having it happen to a baby. It will be nice to have all this done to make sure what was on our paperwork is true. You just see a bunch of paperwork for all of these kids it makes you wonder how much of it is true and how much is put in place for all of these children.

Being a first time parent is no easy task, we are still getting used to all the in's and outs of being parents but we are slowly but surely getting the hang of it. I like having a schdule, Faye is more of a fly by the seat of her pants gal. Faye will take that baby shopping and when she is ready to eat, they eat, and when she is ready to sleep Faye reclines that stroller and its nap time for Alex. I'm exactly the oppisite, I like feeding her at the same time everyday, putting her down for her nap at the same time, what can I say I like schedules. The best thing is, is that we have what appears to be a happy, healthy baby girl that is the sweetest little thing. Well have to get ready for that appointment. Todd>>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter