China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

A day at the Columbus Arts Festival

Today Alexandria, Faye and I went downtown to the Arts Festival, wasn't too bad to start with, then the rain came. The rain wasn't bad until it stopped. WOW did it become humid, I felt like I was being steamed for dinner. The weather was naturally WRONG here in central Ohio, they said we were supposed to have a high of 77 and it was in the mid 80's and with that humidity it felt like it was in the 90's. Like usual we didn't buy anything, whoever made up that saying "starving artist" I really do understand why. $1700.00 for a photograph framed and matted????? well if you are selling these then you aren't starving, your eating better than most. Was the photo nice?? YES, was it worth $1700??? I don't know, but if your not selling them then I understand why you are starving, and think if I bought one for that price I would be starving too. All I am trying to say is that some people are out of their minds, I do believe that there are some things worth the money and some of the stuff seems fairly priced, but for a photograph to cost as much as they did I don't know and it seems that is always what I want to buy when I am there. Guess I'll just have to keep taking pictures of my own. Hopefully one day, Todd>>>>

 
 
 
  Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger dreamer said…

    When I used to live in Columbus, and even after I transferred to WV, I went to the festival every year... I bought something there only once but loved looking. NOOOO it was not a $1700 photograph, but rather $125 for 2 beautiful full sized ceramic lamps that I still have today, 10 years later!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter