China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Been a while hasn't it?

Well don't worry all, I am alive and well and loving life with my daughter. I was burnt out writing on the blog, but I have been itching about getting on here and doing some writing. I just got tired about writing about the same old things and I will probably sit here and write about the same old things, but what the heck its been awhile since you have heard them.
Happy new year first of all, we entered the new year without any bumps and after a great 2006, I am hoping for an even better 2007, it is so hard to believe that we have had little miss Alex for 9 months, but yes it is true. She is a walking, talking, eating, running, get in to everything machine. It is truly amazing how far she has come in the past nine months. We walked into parent hood and hardly missed a beat, yes there is a little learning curve when you start out with a 9 month old, but we worked through it just fine.
Faye is really trying to get me out and get into some baby activity during the week and we are looking at some classes hosted by Gymboree, I don't know though, do you really want me out there with all them single mommies, this girl gets some attention now. I don't know. Faye would also like me to look into some swimming lessons at the YMCA, now that is probably going to be more my speed, I really want to look no but I would prefer to wait until the weather starts breaking so I don't have to take Alex swimming and then out into a cold car.
We have had some MINOR discussions about possibly adopting another, I am on the fence, but Faye is ready to move ahead full steam. I just don't know and I refuse to get too far into it until I know for sure. Some days I do and some days I am perfectly happy with the one I have, is there anything wrong with that?
Work has been going good, we signed our new contract a couple weeks ago which means I will have a pretty secure job hopefully for the next five years. This is one of the things that was kinda putting me over the edge about adopting again, as many of you know it's not a cheap venture. Well worth the money but not cheap.
Alex still isn't talking which had me worried, but the doc says she is just fine, she likes to do sign language vs. talk and this girl is a signing machine some days. The doc let us know that she should start really talking here in the next 2 months and if not then we can start worrying. You know it is just kind of odd that there are some girls that came out of the same orphanage and are about the same age as Alex and they are talking with 3 word sentences, this is really what has worried me. Just makes me feel like I am doing something wrong sometimes. Glad I have a good doctor that reassured me that everything is fine.
Alex absolutly loves the doodle bops and I think that it is funny watching how excited she gets when they come on in the morning. Yes I have come to the conclusion that watching these shows in the morning really isn't hurting anything. Alex dances, claps, bounces up and down if sitting on my lap, this cannot be that bad of a thing. I know all the experts say that you shouldn't let your child watch TV until they are 2, but what do they know? I don't have the energy to sit and play with Alex 16 hours a day, and I think that she really is learning from the show. Like I said earlier, we really need to get into some other activities other than going to the mall and sitting here at the house watching TV.
Looking forward to the weather breaking in the spring so we can get outside and try that brand new wagon and tri-cycle that nana and pop-pop got Alex. Well I have some chores that need doing, so I will write again soon. Todd

1 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to see you are back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter