China Girl

International adoption through the eyes of a new father.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

3+ months and counting

Well all, it has now been over 3 months that Alexandria has been with Faye and I and there isn't a day that goes by that I am not grateful in one way or another. Have we had our moments? YES!!! but those few moments in no way changes the love and just unexplainable emotions I have for this child. Alexandria is currently up taking her afternoon nap (yes she is still napping twice a day). I know that it has been a while since I have wrote, but you really just want to see pictures anyhow. I have been very busy and will continue with that trend for a couple more weeks, lots of work going on around the house and Faye's dad is coming to help me put a deck on the house next week so I probably won't post much between now and then.

Alexandria is growing by leaps and bounds, I think she has sprouted about an inch a month since we have had her, but she isn't putting on a lot of weight, and that isn't our fault at all, this girl eats like a champion and the doc say she is just going through growth spurts. I think she weights almost 19 lbs. this past visit, we are looking forward to that 20 lbs. so we can officailly turn the car seats around.

She still won't walk on her own, hasn't worked up the nerve to just let go. She will walk between Faye and I, but won't do it on her own, we have to encourage her almost every time. My brother cruises that girl around the house and you would think that she was going to run first. I give her till the end of the month and I think we might have something, but I also said the same thing last month I think. Not much in the talking department either, we get the occasional dada or mama, but nothing official for the most part it is still babbling. I look forward to her asking for me and meaning it.

Faye and I have discussed going back and getting another baby, but for the most part it has been just that, a discussion. Don't know if we want more than one, some days we do and some days we don't. Is it really a bad thing to just have one? I consider this one such a blessing, I just don't know if I can handle more than one. We do know that if we are going to do it again we have to get our butts in gear, the wait is getting longer and longer, we don't want alex to be 10 by the time we decide to do this. We aren't getting any younger. Well I have to go, will try and write again soon. Take care, Todd>>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Web Counter